Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...scared" Oh, Jessie Spano

The good news: Happy November!

The potentially (hopefully) good news: 2 days till election day! TWO days! We can vote the Republicans out of the White House! Let's do it! (Please oh please, America, I don't want to be depressed on November 5th.)

The not so good news: The economy still sucks. Not that anyone needed to be reminded of that. Oy. I read Gawker.com and Mediabistro.com everyday and for the past couple of weeks without fail, there has been a headline about massive layoffs or publications folding every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. And of course, there's this: the top 6 industries at high risk for job cuts. Guess what's included in that list? Yup, publishing. Ugh.

Which is why I plan to buy bottles of wine and delicious and fattening pies for Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: