Monday, September 1, 2008

Princess Mango, Fat Fighter

Wouldn't that be an awesome superhero name?

Now that the free fitness classes held by NYC parks are over, I need to figure out a way to keep exercising. I'm looking into donation-based yoga classes but I think I need a little more cardio. Call me crazy, but I think I prefer running on a machine more than running outdoors. Maybe it's because my neighborhood is a little ghetto, maybe I'm too lazy to lace up my sneakers (speaking of, I don't even have running shoes), or maybe it's because I don't want the world to see me panting and stopping after 3 blocks.

So I'm considering buying a treadmill or an elliptical. Maybe. I'll have to do some math to see if it's worth it. Blah. Math.

When the Olympics were still on, and especially when swimming and gymnastics were on prime time TV, I used to workout while watching the games. I can't really just sit and watch sports (like a stereotypical girly-girl, that stuff bores me), so I figured it made sense to exercise while watching these incredibly athletic people do what they do best.

But like, I can't really do that while watching Gossip Girl (omg, it's on tonight!) or ANTM. I prefer to sit and do nothing or stuff my face while watching crappy TV. It just makes sense.

And so, the point is, I need to be healthier. The end.

No comments: