Thursday, April 17, 2008

I think it's about forgiveness

I'd be a better blogger if this blog was just about Sex & The City-- the movie, the show, and the two topics themselves. But I'm no Carrie Bradshaw wannabe, so no. But excuse me as I make one more S&TC movie related post.

As you can tell from the last post, I went on the official website for the movie last week (why I haven't visited before, I don't know) and the background music is "The Heart of the Matter," remade by India Arie (the song's on her MySpace, of course) from the Don Henley original long long time ago. India Arie has a great voice for serene, but poignant songs. If you have normal emotions at all, listen to it.

Most people pretty much have felt angry towards someone at one point in their lives because a relationship soured. I won't name names or go into specifics (coz my mama taught me better than that...okay she never really did, but still, it's just not classy) but I remember the feeling of finally not being enraged or bitter and it felt damn good.

I've been trying to get down to the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if, you don't love me anymore

But despite that, I still think Carrie going back to Big is bullsheeet. Can't wait to see the movie though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope no one will force me to watch that movie...

And yeah, the URL is different because I have a new blog now.