Monday, February 5, 2007

I've recently rediscovered my roots, through Philippine telenovelas and YouTube. I started watching Sana Maulit Muli after hearing that it was worth it, and wow, it is. Granted, I don't think it has anything specifically unique about it or spectacular; maybe I just missed Philippine tv. But it makes me want the kind of old-fashioned romance they show (that probably doesn't exist even in the Philippines, since American tv has seeped in, but who said anything about being realistic?). What ever happened to good, old-fashioned romance? boo.

I also started watching Grey's Anatomy. Good show. I wish I started watching earlier. One thing that convinced me to keep watching this show regularly (which I don't do for other tv shows except for those I've been watching since forever, eg, gilmore girls and antm) was last week's episode where Dr. Yang finally answers Dr. Burke's proposal. Because while I might miss old-fashioned romance, I still believe in equality and quite frankly, I'd rather be an equal partner than be someone's wife.

Watch it. and MMMM.. McSteamy. I wouldn't mind... nevermind.


Now I just have to make time to actually keep up with these shows.

No comments: